Reflex Integrated Inc. is a leading Canadian based IT service provider. We provide end to end IT solutions to support existing and growing business needs for clients across North America. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is looking for a skilled Infrastructure Engineer / Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Toronto office. This position will report to the Manager of Network and Infrastructure.
This role duties include, but are not limited to, designing, supporting, monitoring, and maintaining Reflex’s client and internal networks and IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will be the third line escalation point for the more complex IT issues, as well as lead and manage cloud-based solutions. This role will serve as an expert subject matter in his/her domain and provide guidance and assistance as needed.
This position requires a candidate that can operate independently in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with members of the Network and Infrastructure team, and with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment. We are looking for a curious, excited, boundary-pushing team member.
The role is based in our Toronto location and is a full-time permanent position. Due to COVID-19, the role will temporarily be a combination of work from home and work from the office/client sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and manage customer -specific and corporate- internal incidents/issues and see problems through to resolution, this will include troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues.
- Be a third line escalation point for the customer’s need as part of the standard and designated support and/or projects. Participate on the on-Call rotation schedule for after-hours L3 Issues.
- Track & monitor customer status and identify both areas of concern and growth opportunities.
- Design, implement and monitor cloud infrastructure as needed.
- Implement adequate monitoring tools, policies, and audits.
- Develop and improve infrastructure and application performance monitoring and alerting systems.
- Practical knowledge of SOC2 and ISO270001 standards implementation and requirements.
- Document detailed information regarding the technical issues, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts relative to product configuration.
- Provide support for the Reflex teams by troubleshooting and resolving software, pipeline, and infrastructure-related issues with an eye to automating those issues away.
- Provide guidance and help resolve escalated issues related to security, backup, and redundancy strategies. Educate technical staff on security best practices.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools, technologies, and practices.
- Contribute to the ever-expanding Knowledge Base on an on-going basis.
- Prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities or status.
- Experienced Support Engineer Level3/T3 – Required.
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of progressive IT experience working in a complex environment with many distributed sites
- University/College degree in a relevant field of study (Computer Science/Engineering/Systems). Technical certifications/Training (A+, Network+, CCNA, MCP, MCSE, ITIL, etc.) is an asset
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows server environments, concepts, and technologies
- Working experience with a Cloud, SaaS technology provider is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Security protocols and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of networking environments, concepts, and technologies
- Experience in a managed desktop environment (Citrix, VMware)
- Experience in a virtualized environment (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Wireless technologies (Cisco, HPE-Aruba, Ubiquity)
- VoIP telephony expertise (Lucent, Avaya, UC)
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on System Admin, Networking, Servers, Cloud services (Azure, Office 365, AWS, GCP.) is required.
- Proven excellent troubleshooting abilities and passion to dive into complicated technical problems in real production environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to identify issues, plan and suggest the best solution within the right context to address them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a passion for working with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Team player. Ability to work with people (clients and internal staff) in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated mindset to drive results, proactive and with a sense of ownership.
- Open minded and with a willingness to learn and improve.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours, as required.
- Direct Reports: None
- Extended health care (including prescription drugs)
- Dental and Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional to references and criminal background check